Aikido Techniques | Aikido Moves
Aikido techniques or Aikido moves are martial art moves. There are hundreds if not thousands Aikido Techniques or Aikido Moves. So many that here in Good Aikido we needed to categorise into the following:
There are two parts to Aikido Techniques.
- Taijutsu which means the body arts, body martial art or the unarmed part of Aikido techniques.
- Bukiwaza which means Warrior Techniques or Weapons Techniques.
Aikido moves are actions that have direction, position, angle and shape.
- Irimi means to enter into a situation or to the back.
- Kokyu means to using your breath. Kokyu is also the shape of your extended yet curved arm.
- Omote and Ura. Move to the front move to the secret door or vaccuum. It is not easy to describe these Japanese concepts.
- Awase means to blend.
- Ki No Nagare means to move like water or to fluidly move.