Ichi No Awase (1st Awase) Aiki Ken
Five Aikido technique check-points to dramatically improve your Ichi No (1st) Awase
Ichi No Awase (1st Blending Drill), Aikido, Aiki Ken
Checks on body movement and footwork for Ichi No Awase
- Stand on a firm Ichi No Suburi stance.
- As your opponent performs a straight strike, slide your body to the right side of the attack.
- At the same time, move the left foot behind the right straight into hanmi.
- Always aim and hit your opponent first
- Your grip is firm on the left-hand yet agile on the right with the index knuckle on top (not on the side or worse down) boken.