The 20 Minute Aikido Practice With work and family, Aikido...
We are about Good Aikido Moves, Aikido Techniques, and Philosophy
This space is about good Aikido. This site is a one-stop place where one can see, hear and feel about good Aikido.
Aikido specialises in blending with energy, the intention or the force. The Aikidoka (Practitioner of Aikido) spends a lot of training hours mastering and perfecting awase (blending) the essence of good Aikido.
Aikido is a martial art that helps develop and grow the Aikidoka (Aikido Practitioner) internally and externally so they can be the best person that he or she can be.
Good Aikido Moves
1) Help the Aikidoka with their Aikido moves., techniques, tools and budo by presenting good literature and videos of good Aikido demonstrations done by their peers and fellow Aikidoka around the world.
2) Guide the Aikidoka to discover the whole world of good Aikido outside their own Aikido style and Aikido dojo.
3) Help the Aikidoka with their psychology, philosophy, and inner-game by bridging Aikido ‘the martial art’, Aikido ‘the philosophy’ with best ‘self-development’ methods around the world.
4) Guide the Aikidoka with everyday living by studying and discussing strategies from past literature and the current media available.
5) Create a harmonious community of people that practices good Aikido around the world.
Joining a Good Aikido club, group or school teaches the Aikidoka how to harmonise with other people. Good Aikido promotes a community environment which provides a safe and comfortable environment for an Aikidoka to learn an effective martial art.
About Good Aikido Techniques
Good Aikido is a “thinking person’s” martial art. We are not brawlers, don’t expect us to be in a cage or a pit fighting to earn money or to prove our worth. We strive for personal development and mastery. You will also notice if you ask, that most Good Aikidoka has done one or two more martial arts besides Aikido. That was the tradition at the beginning of the last century. Aikido was the martial art to do to finalise a budoka’s journey in the mastery of budo.
Good Aikido can be practiced even in the Aikidoka’s senior years.
Most Aikido students do Aikido to improve their fitness, improve their flexibility and coordination and calm their mind after a hard day’s work. As the Aikidoka progresses he or she becomes more confident and assertive.
Self-discipline, strong focus, a peaceful philosophy, an assertive energy, and confidence is an internal effect caused by practicing Aikido.
Good Aikido is a mental martial art that can be used in day to day situations.
We are about Good Aikido techniques. Aikido the martial art has suffered some bad press and reputation in the past decade. The budo part of Aikido was diluted by the interpretation of many masters and teachers that called their art Aikido. These types of ‘bad’ Aikido has many followers and they have documented their version in books, videos, and websites. As a result, the effectiveness and the reputation of Aikido as a good martial art declined. We want to correct that. Aikido is a good and effective martial art. Good Aikido wants to present the real martial art of Aikido to the world.
Good Aikido is about practicing a good martial art
Good Aikido is NOT magic or hocus pocus. We train hard, our punches, kicks, locks, chokes and attacks are real and we just don’t fall or get thrown magically. We are solid as a square, sharp as a triangle and swift as a circle. Inside us is a strong life energy (ki) that thrives on curiosity, bliss, consciousness, harmony and peace.
Good Aikidoka does Aikido because he or she wants to do martial arts yet has a strong peaceful and harmonious nature. Most martial artists will never understand this because they want to compete and fight to prove their worth. Although we strive for peace and harmony, a good Aikidoka will use Aikido and everything in his or her budo arsenal to control and contain the violence (prepare to kiss the ground in a lock).
This is Good Aikido.
Read and learn more about Aikido:
- Kid's Martial Art And Aikido Class
- Good Aikido Macquarie University
- 10 Gymnasium Rd, North Ryde NSW 2109
- Aikido Class and Training
- Good Aikido Ryde
- ELS Hall Park, 109 Kent Rd, North Ryde NSW 2113
Our latest posts
Aikido In Your Living Room – UKEMI Ukemi is the first...
Aikido In Your Living Room Repetition and practice is the...
How to choose a good Aikido bokken to start your training...
Ueshiba Morihei Osensei: The founder and the father of...