The 20 Minute Aikido Practice With work and family, Aikido...
The revealing diary of an Aikido martial artist
Aikido Journal and Training Diary
For the purpose of training, I want to document my Aikido Training and Journey. This is my Aikido Journal.
My first objective is video document myself doing all of the Aikido Techniques below. My second objective is to see how my Aikido changes through the years.
Saito Sensei once said to me that the ‘mirror is the best Sensei’. Perhaps a camera is a next step up from the mirror.
There are five effects that happen when one does an online video diary. I am strategically causing these five effects to happen.
The Five Effects of Video Documenting are:
- Documenting my Aikido will force me to train all Aikido techniques below.
- I need to give my best every time I am video documenting my Aikido. This effect will make me want me to perform better.
- I will see all my mistakes and correct them. I will see my strengths and I will sharpen them.
- I can incorporate my new learnings from my Sensei and student alike. The video will remind me of the learnings.
- My students can watch my videos and help them with their training. They will see just a man doing Aikido. Hopefully, they can learn both from my mistakes and my strengths.
The challenge now is to remember to video document my Aikido. I just looked at my current record and it doesn’t look full at all. I guess more video documentation for my Aikido journal.
I also want to show that Aikido is not a spectator sport. You can’t scream from the sideline. This is a martial art. I believe that it is fair that I put my Aikido Training online since I am studying other Senseis and Masters whilst working on my own Aikido. If I critique someone’s video or book, they are also welcome to critique mine here at Good Aikido.
- Osae Waza Ikkyo
- Osae Waza Nikyo (Oct 2016 – 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Osae Waza Sankyo (Dec 2016)
- Osae Waza Yonkyo
- Osae Waza Gokyo
- Hanmi Handachi
- Shiho Nage (Oct 2015) (Oct 2016)
- Kote Gaeshi (May 2015) (Oct 2015) (Oct 2016)
- Kokyu Nage (Oct 2015) (Oct 2016)
- Irimi Nage (May 2015) (Oct 2015)
- Koshi Nage
- Ushiro Waza
- Jiuwaza or Randori
- Tanto Dori
- 7 Ken Suburi
- 5 Kumi Tachi (2 Kumi Tachi Jan 2015) (5 Kumi Tachi May 2015)
- Tachi Dori (Oct 2015)
- 20 Jo Suburi (1-5 Jo Suburi Jun 2016)
- 10 Kumi Jo (3 Kumi Jo Aug 2016) (4 Kumi Jo Aug 2016)
- 13 Jo Kata (June 2016)
- 13 Kumi Jo
- 31 Jo Kata (Jun 2016)
- 31 Kumi Jo
- Jo Dori
- Jo Nage
- Jiuwaza or Randori
- Ki Musubi No Tachi (Oct 2015)
- Ken Tai Jo
- Bukiwaza randori
Ni Dan Grading
Aikido Technique Combinations:
Nikyo to Kote Gaeshi (Oct 2016)
Nikyo to Shiho Nage (Nov 2016)
Nikyo to Kokyu Nage (Oct 2016)
Read and learn more about Aikido:
- Kid's Martial Art And Aikido Class
- Good Aikido Macquarie University
- 10 Gymnasium Rd, North Ryde NSW 2109
- Aikido Class and Training
- Good Aikido Ryde
- ELS Hall Park, 109 Kent Rd, North Ryde NSW 2113
Our latest posts
Aikido In Your Living Room – UKEMI Ukemi is the first...
Aikido In Your Living Room Repetition and practice is the...
How to choose a good Aikido bokken to start your training...
Ueshiba Morihei Osensei: The founder and the father of...